Use them as a snack, or for aperitivo!
- 110gr sourdough
- 250gr water
- 420gr flour
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 teaspoons oil
- pinch of salt
- herbs (optional – I used handpicked oregano from Naxos, handpicked thyme from Naxos and rosemary in powder)
- extra salt (optional – if you want you can add it on the outside of the grissini)
- semolina (optional – if you want you can add it on the outside of the grissini)
- Mix all the ingredients and let the dough rest until it almost doubles
- Prepare in the shape you wish your crissinis and you can roll them in all-purpose flour, wholewheat flour or even semolina like the ones in the foto above, that makes them extra crunchy!
- Place them on a baking paper that you put on your baking pan
- Let them rest half an hour
- Bake in preheated oven in 200 degrees Celsius: 15 minutes up and down and 5 minutes in grill at the end for slightly soft grissini and 20 minutes up and down and 5 minutes at the end in grill for hard grissini
Below you can see them before baking (foto on the left), after baking; soft grissini (foto in the middle) and after baking; hard grissini (foto in the right)