I used the Rye sourdough bread recipe but I added 1,5 times the ingredients and instead of sunflower seeds I used walnuts.
- 175gr sourdough
- 48gr water
- 105 rye flour
- 15gr whole wheat flour
- 15 gr bread wheat flour (1050 in Germany)
- 4gr salt
- 50gr walnuts
- The previous night prepare your sourdough. If you have a wheat sourdough, just feed a part of your sourdough with rye flour and let it till it is bubbly and ready to be used.
- Measure 175g of this sourdough and mix it with water
- Add the flours and mix
- Try to open the dough and then fold it from the exterior till the middle of this “open dough” you have. Take a look to the fotos in the recipe “Rye sourdough bread” . Do this 4-5 times to develop the gluten a bit
- Let the dough rest for a couple of hours (room temperature around 20 degrees Celsius) and then repeat the folding
- Let the dough a couple of hours more
- Add the walnuts in the dough and shape your bread. It is a very stiff dough.
- Let it rest for an hour in room temperature or a night in the fridge (you can let the dough up to 3 nights in the fridge)
- Preheat the oven in 240 Celsius (or the maximum of your oven) and with your dutch oven inside
- Add your bread in the dutch oven and bake the bread for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes remove the lead and lower the temperature to 200 degrees Celsius and bake for 20 minutes more