Original italian means without cream! It has eggs!
- 120gr pancetta or guanciale
- 1 onion (optional)
- 1 very small clove garlic (optional)
- 80gr pecorino cheese (you could use also parmigiano)
- 2 eggs
- spaghetti for 2 people
- black pepper
- Cut in small pieces the onion and garlic if you are using
- Fry the pancetta (without additional oil or butter)
- Add the onion and garlic if you are using and cook till they are translucent
- Cook the pasta
- While the pasta is cooking beat the eggs in a big bowl, add the cheese and black pepper and keep it aside
- When the pasta is ready add it in the pan with the pancetta, give it a stir and then move the pasta inside the bowl of the eggs and cheese and mix thoroughly. Do not add the eggs in the pan, cause you should work the eggs only with the heat of the pasta
- Serve immediately and add some cheese and pepper on the dish
Onion and garlic are optional. You do not need to use them but I prefer it like this.
You could also use fettucine or linguine or even rigatoni or bugatini. I personally prefer it with spaghetti and this is the typical also I would say.
Very simple dish but super tasty!